Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find free local airsoft battles around San Diego, California.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The best defense..

Go down 
+2
Plastik
Guru
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Guru

Guru

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:35 pm

The best defense is a good offence.
I'm a strong believer here. Staying in the hunter mentality and keeping the other guy ducking your bullets is a good way to keep him from effectively shooting back at you.

Duress is defined as a situation where somebody will act in a way they wouldn't normally because they feel threatened.
That means that your target isn't going to be able to think straight because he's afraid you're coming to get him.
It can't be overestimated how important the use of duress is. Put the pressure on him. Keep him in fight or flight mode. Let him know that you're coming to get him, not the other way around.

When someone's under a great amount of pressure, they overlook obvious means of escape and attack.
Like when somebody finds themself surrounded, all he might have to do to get out of it is hold still and let the enemy continue to pass on by, but he's not going to know that if all he's thinking about is "I've got to get out of here."

Take for example that when you take a rubber band, stretch it out and point it at someone, they duck. Go into defense mode. The first instinct isn't to attack back, it's to wince their eyes and shy away. Now take an AirSoft rifle shooting 300 - 400 feet per second and point it at somebody and that instinct is multiplied. Keep him in that mentality to duck and run, not to shoot back.
Every time you come around a corner, do it rifle first. Let him see a threat coming around the corner, not a target.
Shoot at him in teams of twos and make him feel like he's surrounded and not know which direction to shoot back in.
Doing a little bit of shouting commands when kicking a door in or rushing a room goes a long way. Shouting "Get down on the ground" coming around a corner can often cause your target to hesitate just long enough to take him out.

Most importantly is to keep that hunter mentality. When you go in feeling and acting like the hunter, your target will feel and act like the prey.
Back to top Go down
Plastik

Plastik

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maver1ckZer0

Maver1ckZer0

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 6:55 pm

It's a sensible tactic, and one the military uses. I would be interested to see how it works in an airsoft battle. I've played paintball and I know there it doesn't really work because everyone is thinking the same thing and there is no real consequence for getting shot. Sure you might be out but there is no real fear involved. The concept of duress works great when you're shooting lead at 3100 ft/sec. I'd like to see how people react to airsoft though.
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:54 am

That was one of my considerations too. Smile You're right that there's no real fear involved and there won't be a great deal of actual "duress" getting passed around. From my experience though, the tactics commonly used to cause duress still work wonders for their own reasons. Like cover fire and 'shock and awe'. It might not so much actually scare the guy like it would with hot lead, but it'll keep him ducking when he should be shooting and distract him when he should be concentrating on what he's doing. Make him feel hunted when he should be hunting. Maybe even force him into a little bit of tunnel vision.

Just exactly how far we can push the duress tactic in AirSoft is going to be something we're going to have to experiment with, but keeping the hunter mentality is most assuredly the best option.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Teeth

Tiger Teeth

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:46 pm

I agree. I've gotten out of some situations myself by supressing fire while the team manouvers about. Or gotten unpinned by having someone else shoot at the guy even when he was out of range. You can even keep somebody pinned behind their cover because you've got them thinking that you can get them if they move, when all you're really doing is just making noise and can't even see him. No, there's not a lot of "duress" involved in any of these cases, but the techniques still defenetly work.
Back to top Go down
stoneguard13

stoneguard13

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 am

i scared away a group of 3/4 just by suppression making myelf look like theres an army behind me and staying focused. when i advanced towards their position they had fled. lol!
Back to top Go down
WOOKIE

WOOKIE

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 am

By your self? Lol
Back to top Go down
stoneguard13

stoneguard13

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:12 am

yea, but ill be honest there was only 1 adult with 3 kids and they all had spring guns and i had an aeg hahaha but still i got inside their head lol
Back to top Go down
Tiger Teeth

Tiger Teeth

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:52 pm

...and that folks is how it's done.
Never mind the weapons they were using and whatnot. The tactic redirected a large portion of enemy firepower away from your team and out of the position they would have perfered to be in. +1
Back to top Go down

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 pm

It's good I'm studying these tactics you guys keep posting, it oughta make me a better player the next time I have to go up against you guys at whichever next battle I happen to appear at. Wasn't really useful getting stuck with a couple of trigger happy little kids, they kept shooting at random stuff and weren't really good at advancing or defense. Stone and the older kids though, I think Guru's nephews or something, knew their shit, they kept me covered when I needed it and didn't camp out as much. So as long as I have some experienced players and their good at taking directions, I can set up a tactics briefing before we start the game.
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:29 pm

That's all part of the game bro. Yes those are my nephews. If you want you can always make arrangements with the guys you prefer to play with to always show up as a unit to the games and play together on the same side. That way you guys can train and work together. Fallen King looks forward to destroying whatever you guys come up with. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The best defense.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best defense..   The best defense.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best defense..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome To AirSoft Guru :: TECHNIQUES & TACTICS-
Jump to: