Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Find free local airsoft battles around San Diego, California.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oceanside Swapmeet

Go down 
+3
Tiger Teeth
Plastik
Guru
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Oceanside Swapmeet Admin10
All established North County battle threads are being moved to the North County San Diego battle planning thread. General planning threads such as the Sprinter Route Planning Thread and Locations Suggestions will remain open.

Click here to go to the new thread.

Last edited by Guru on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Plastik

Plastik

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 11:56 pm

That last game was freakin awesome. Looking forward to the next one..
We might have to make it Saturdays only. Vendors leave later on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Teeth

Tiger Teeth

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Same here. Now that the holidays are over I'll have more time to come out and battle. I'm looking forward to the next swapmeet session, you don't find a lot of CQB locations like that.
Back to top Go down
Guest01

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 4:10 pm

I want to go! Next Saturday is it?
Back to top Go down
IXgEnI

IXgEnI

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Hey guys, sorry i have missed the prior battles but everything is good now. I have purchased my rifle and am ready to play. How far exactly is the swampmeet from the Camp Pendleton gate?
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

That's 9.1 miles.
If you click on the map on the first post, you can type in your loction and it'll give you directions right up to the front door.
I'm officially making Saturday 4:00pm a permenant meeting time for the Oceanside Swap Meet every week.
Sunday we'll have to debate out about.
Glad to see you joining in. Is that an AK74-u with a reflex sight?
Now that's sexy.
Back to top Go down
gigi-ninja<3

gigi-ninja<3

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:39 pm

I'll be there, handling ammunition sales for Guru. Wink
Back to top Go down
IXgEnI

IXgEnI

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Well i believe it is modeled after the AK-74u and yes I just bought that whole setup this weekend for $80. Great deal. Can't wait to play with you all its gonna be fun. And is the swampmeet the same place at the flea market in the old drive-in?
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Yes it sure is. And there's plenty here to make a great CQB game without breaking anything.
$80 huh? I can't help but feel a little competitive comparison coming on. Laughing
I sell my RIS M4 for $75 or $65 to AirSoft Guru airsofters and I'm a little eager to see how the two compare in performance.
American standard issue M4 vs. Kalashnikov AK? Muhahah

I'm curious now, did it come with any accessories? Extra mag or are they available?
Do you mind bringing the box in?
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Oh yeah, and I owe you a free spring gun. You can get the Scorpion or I'll have a couple
others for you to choose from set up at my table before the battle.

Oceanside Swapmeet Free_s10
Back to top Go down
IXgEnI

IXgEnI

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I do not have the box. I bought it from a friend back home. He originally bought the gun for $200 about a year ago. I only have one mag i need to order more and i bought the red/green dot sight. And we shall see which is better possibly this weekend hopefully i can make it out there to play with all of you and become part of the family. lolz
Back to top Go down
Tiger Teeth

Tiger Teeth

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 am

Yeah bro, definetely come out and game with us. And bring a few friends if you like too. The more the merrier. The Saturday sessions are a new location and time so we'll find out how many people come out to them as we go, but it's an awesome location and I get the feeling they're going to be big.
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:21 am

That was AWESOME. See you all next week. Thanks to all of you for supporting AirSoft Guru and making this all possible. =)=)=)
Don't forget our Tactics Section, I'm looking forward to seeing some of you Marine's comments on the articles.

This is the thread for the Wednesday battles planning for those who want to help. There're already four experienced airsoft guys regularly attending those apart from are own group.

And since we've been experimenting with adding rules on the spot during games recently, we've now got a Game Rules Variations thread so we can all get our ideas out to be adapted into our future games.
Back to top Go down
Maze Traveller

Maze Traveller

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 am

Next week it's on!
Back to top Go down

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey Guru, are you the vendor with the green gas 1911 at the Oceanside Swap Meet that I see almost every Sunday? I wish I could attend the game but I still have to re-up my arsenal and ammo supply, not bringing as much dough as I thought I would this week. If not this weekend, definately next weekend, I will be bringing my British spring L85A1 bullpup-style AR for repairs and a tune-up. It's missing the snap on front sight so I figures I could probably buy a red dot ACOG from you and have it mounted onto my weapon since it's a good plinking weapon (sniping).

I'm also hoping I can either pick up that mag-fed, sawed off Mossberg 500 or two CQB M4 mods that you were offering. You mentioned last weekend that you guys are getting complaints and you might get an official permit from the City of Oceanside to host games each weekend at that location. Is that still in effect or are you guys still going to play every Saturday afternoon? If anyone has any info about future ongoing weekend games, please PM me.

P.S.

Guru, I'm the hispanic dude in mid-20's with glasses that usually tries out almost your full inventory before deciding whether to purchase anything at that moment or not. (sorry for always promising to return later, only to not come back to buy anything. I'm always getting caught up buying other stuff that catches my eye. Won't happen next time, promise. xD )
Back to top Go down

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Tiger Teeth wrote:
Yeah bro, definetely come out and game with us. And bring a few friends if you like too. The more the merrier. The Saturday sessions are a new location and time so we'll find out how many people come out to them as we go, but it's an awesome location and I get the feeling they're going to be big.

Will they still be local? I heard you guys have a Poway location but that's too out of the way for me. Do you guys have anything closer to Oceanside? I live in Carlsbad but Oceanside is my usual stomping ground when it comes to Airsoft. Just PM me your repies when you guys set up an official, local battle site for Saturday Wars.
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Lol. No problem bro. And yes that's me. You're welcome out to my stand any time. Rather you're buying something or just to hang out and send a couple of BBs down range.

For your L85, I've only got CQB useful red dots at my stand and you probably want one that zooms if you're going to use it for sniping. I can mount it for you for sure, but you're probably going to want to bring your own for me to mount.

As for weekend games and locations: We can still play in the field area behind the swapmeet, just not on actual swapmeet grounds until the legal stuff and paperwork gets cleared up. If you've got a location or two elsewhere in Oceanside, we can always move the Saturday games to one of those until we get the actual permit. Any recommendations?

Since you're looking to up your arsenal, you might be interested in the new AK-47 by Double Eagle I just got. It's all metal, shoots 300FPS and fits Tokyo Marui internal parts and JG mags.
Very Nice ;-)

P.S. Your screen name is mega cool. You're not really going to bring that Vulcan cannon to a battle are you? because that would be HILARIOUS.
Back to top Go down

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Lol, no way dude, I could never afford something like that. I checked some online retail guys and they must be preordered and they go for about 2 grand apiece. As for the AK, I might be able to get it in due time, money's kinda tight at the moment. I could check Sports Authority and Big 5 Sporting Goods for my rifle scope for my L85A2. I'm actually looking for semi-entry level guns since I'm a bit of a noob and haven't really played any official games that involve tactics and stuff, I only just played with my younger cousins in local woods and canyons and stuff. Still owned them all since I had some pretty nice guns during the time... Wink
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Coolios. Come stop on by our stand Saturday or Sunday and try out a few things. We've got everything from kids' guns to full on battle ready AEGs. You're bound to find something you're comfortable with.

As for tactics you can always start reading up, which will help your game a LOT. You might want to dig through the Techniques & Tactics section a little. I would recomend starting with something simple like Overwatch Techniques which basicaly goes over how to use and give cover fire, and go to the more complicated stuff from there.

I'm actually getting ready to post a new article on basic tips/techniques for the individual as soon as I'm done writing it.

Feel free to post any questions or comments in the threads.
Back to top Go down
Guru

Guru

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:37 am

Big Battle this Saturday the 21st in The Forest in Poway. All day long starting at 9 in the morning and going until sundown. The swapmeet Saturday battles are going to be temporarily on hold, so we're going to try to hold as many of these kinds of things as possible.

Call/text me for questions or details.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:51 pm

All established North County battle threads are being moved to the North County San Diego battle planning thread. General planning threads such as the Sprinter Rout Planning Thread and Locations Suggestions will remain open.

Click here to go to the new thread.
Back to top Go down
https://fallenkingairsoft.editboard.com
Sponsored content

Oceanside Swapmeet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oceanside Swapmeet   Oceanside Swapmeet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oceanside Swapmeet
Page 1 of 1