Find free local airsoft battles around San Diego, California.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mchausd

PostSubject: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s9z0iRf6jw

Cliff Notes of this bill
The purpose of this bill is to include BB devices within
requirements pertaining to "imitation firearms" that are
prohibited for manufacture or sale in California unless the
entire exterior surface of the device is white, bright red,
bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright
pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant
color in combination with other colors in any pattern, as
provided by federal regulations governing imitation firearms, or
where the entire device is constructed of transparent or
translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of
the device's complete contents, as specified.

The ONLY reason why this came about is because stupid kids are taking their airsoft rifles and pistols out in the public and causing trouble wheter intended or not. Playing in NON-Sanctioned fields is a large factor to this bill also. Although some cops have been 'ok' with others playing airsoft in certain areas it only takes one to ruin it all by getting someone shot or hurt due to a miscommunication or stupid act of idiocy from someone with an airsoft gun. I know you guys have a large following and dont want to pay to get into parks but some of the areas you play at arent legal to be airsofting in. The poway spot and the lakeside spot are BOTH NOT Legal to play at. I know because I used to play there before learning about this bill. Please take the appropriate precautions and do not airsoft at those locations anymore. It would be a shame to see someone get hurt and even more so if that person or group got airsoft banned in california
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/sdglam
Tiger Teeth

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Got any locations in mind that would serve the cause better? We're always looking for more legit spots to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchausd

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Tiger Teeth wrote:
Got any locations in mind that would serve the cause better? We're always looking for more legit spots to play.

unfortunately the only spots right now that are free to play at is in jamul and alpine. Group of military guys bought land in jamul for training and the police deptartment of alpine bought land also. Extreme Airsoft is a cqb place its like 10 bucks for the entire day but each time ive been there I havent had to pay... might want to check them out. I know they moved to a bigger location in San Marcos. Other than that theres Giant Paintball in lakeside area and Mr. Paintball in Escondido. And if your old enough and when they are hosting games Integrity Tactical Solutions opens their Naval Training Facility to airsofters every now and then
Back to top Go down
UNSTABLE

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Extreme Airsoft is closed. Unless they've got their new location up and running?
Do you have map locations or addresses for Jamul and Alpine?
I know Guru's looking at a few pieces of land in San Marcos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchausd

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:12 pm

UNSTABLE wrote:
Extreme Airsoft is closed. Unless they've got their new location up and running?
Do you have map locations or addresses for Jamul and Alpine?
I know Guru's looking at a few pieces of land in San Marcos.

They are in the process of opening a new location as for Jamul and Alpine I dont know their locations. Best bet is to sign up for the SDAirsoft group on Facebook. Someone there will know
Back to top Go down
Guru

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:38 pm

Yes, I know the owner for our San Marcos location. The goal is to work out a deal to open a kind of airsoft park on the location. We're also looking at another spot in San Marcos that we might buy.

mchausd

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Guru wrote:
Yes, I know the owner for our San Marcos location. The goal is to work out a deal to open a kind of airsoft park on the location. We're also looking at another spot in San Marcos that we might buy.

if these are you lands then turn them into businesses. litterally since you can get tax write offs and the cops will not need to even be dispatched unless called upon from a facility
Back to top Go down
Guru

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Your concern and advice are appreciated, but you're kind of preaching to the saved. =p
That's exactly what we're doing. Fallen King Airsoft is an airsoft gun and equipment retailer that hosts battles. The battles are free to attend, we just make our business off of our gear. Everything here is done as legit as possible.

I'd like to know more about what can be done about this SB798. Not only are myself and my associates true airsoft enthusiasts, just as well our business stands to far better without something like that.

Keep fighting that fight.

mchausd

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Guru wrote:
Your concern and advice are appreciated, but you're kind of preaching to the saved. =p
That's exactly what we're doing. Fallen King Airsoft is an airsoft gun and equipment retailer that hosts battles. The battles are free to attend, we just make our business off of our gear. Everything here is done as legit as possible.

I'd like to know more about what can be done about this SB798. Not only are myself and my associates true airsoft enthusiasts, just as well our business stands to far better without something like that.

Keep fighting that fight.

Do you own the land in Poway?
Back to top Go down
Guru

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm

The Poway location is public land. We're known there to the locals and authorities, neither of which mind us being there as long as we're safe.
Don't worry, we're not going to ruin airsoft. We play only on known and accepted grounds, disarm before we leave and honor rules of safety while we're there.

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

And that is why I never carry my shit out in the open, I always keep them in my storage bags. Very Happy Hopefully I get to play with you guys soon, shit always comes up whenever I plan to end up attending. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be freed up from work one of these days. And when I do, you can expect me to bring some gnarly weapons. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guru

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:50 pm

What kind of gnarly weapons? I'm still waiting on someone to bring one of those Vulcan cannons to a battle.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ   

Back to top Go down

SB798 IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1